Cangive.ca offers a service whereby Users are able to generate money (Funds) by linking from Cangive.ca (Cangive) to listed merchant Web sites and purchasing items. Users pay the same price for items as they would if they access the merchant's web sites directly to shop. The funds generated are held in User's Cangive member account and are later donated to a charity (Cause) specifically selected by the User. Users agree to allow Cangive to act as an agent to disburse Funds, generated by them at Cangive, to the Cause.
2. Cangive.ca represents its shopping members and allows them to activate in Cangive a cause they wish to support from a list of Canadian Registered Charities recognized by Canada Revenue Agency. Cangive providing this service to its shopping members and not the causes. The funds genenerated by the shopper will be directed to the charity selecetd by the shopper whether or not the charitable orgaization is regisered with Cangive.
3. Charitable organizations can register with Cangive.ca, which enables them to access an online adminisration section where they can monitor the funds generated by shoppers. Regisered Causes can post information about their organization on the Cangive web site.
4. Individual transaction rebate sums to be directed to the participating Causes vary between merchants and sometimes within a merchant. These rebate rates are listed on the Cangive.ca Web site. All rebates will be calculated based on the corresponding rebate rate that is posted on the Cangive.ca Web site at the time of the purchase.
5. In order to generate a rebate, all purchases must originate from the Cangive Web site. Users must link from Cangive.ca to the merchant's Web site, complete a transaction by making a purchase, and pay for and keep the product or services purchased, in order to create a rebate for their cause. Returned purchases will not create rebates.
6. You agree that Cangive shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers and/or merchants listed in Cangive. The user understands that all purchases of products or services from merchants, found on the Cangive Web site, are directly between the User and the merchant. The user becomes a customer of the merchant and is subject to the merchant's policies. The merchant is solely responsible for the all elements relating to order fulfillment including ordering, shipping, customer service, warranties and guarantees. Cangive recommends that the User review all merchant policies as they may differ from those of Cangive.
7. Cangive will not disclose user information that can be personally identifiable to any third party without the user's permission, unless required by a court of law. For more information about how we protect your information, please review our Privacy Statement.
8. The Cangive web site is offered "as is" and is used by you at your own risk. Efforts have been made to ensure the informationiin this web site is correct and without error. Cangive makes no representations or guarantees that the information, code or content in this website will at all times be error-free.
11. Cangive reserves the right to refuse or terminate any user membership.
12. Cangive members must be least 16 years old to use the Cangive Web site or to be a Cangive member.
13. Users agree to use the Cangive Web site at their own risk and with the knowledge that such use is without warranties of any kind. Cangive nor its participating organizations shall be liable for any damages, losses or failure to make payment to participating charities.
14. The Cangive Web site contains links to web sites third party sites and these links are provided to Cangive from the merchants or the merchant's representative. Cangive is not responsible for any content, policies, advertising or transactions related to these sites or the functioning of the links provided.
15. All logos, trademarks, and content within the Cangive Web site are the property of Cangive.ca or third party organizations. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
You agree to indemnify and hold Cangive, and its owners, parents, family members, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from and against any claim, cause of action or demand including without limitation reasonable legal, accounting and other professional fees, from and against any claim, arising out of your use of the Cangive Web site and services.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
USERS AGREE TO USE THE CANGIVE WEB SITE
AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE USER AND THAT CANGIVE IS PROVIDED
ON AN 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ARISING BY STATUTE, USAGE OR TRADE, CUSTOM OR OTHERWISE, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SITE CONTENT. CANGIVE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ARISING BY STATUTE, USAGE OR TRADE, CUSTOM OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BY USING OR ATTEMPTING TO USE THE WEBSITE, THE USER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CANGIVE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS REGARDING THE SITE CONTENT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CURRENCY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS; AND (ii) AS A SERVICE TO USERS OF CANGIVE INCLUDES LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES OVER WHICH CANGIVE HAS NO CONTROL. CANGIVE PROVIDES NO ENDORSEMENT OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT OR APPROPRIATENESS OF CONTENT OF SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES, AND THE USERS HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY CLAIM AGAINST CANGIVE WITH RESPECT TO SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CANGIVE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THAT THE RESULTS OR INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CANGIVE OR ITS OWNERS AND EMPLOYEES OR FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CANGIVE OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, FAMILY MEMBERS, STOCKHOLDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF CANGIVE OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT.
THE THIRD PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF OR BROWSING OF THE CANGIVE SERVICE.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws
of the Province of Ontario in the Country of Canada. By accessing this
Site, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts
located in the City of Ottawa, in the Province of Ontario, Canada, in
all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of Cangive and